How to Prepare?
The following recommended preparation of the Century Organic Tea are based on our studies with traditional tea experts and survey conducted from thousands of tea drinkers that experienced optimum health benefits following the guidelines.
For the 1st Steep, use about *80°C (176°F) water temperature. For the 2nd Steep onward, use boiling water temperature (100°C / 212°F). Each steeping duration is about 10 seconds to 3 minutes with 100ml (3.38fl oz) water depend on individual taste preference. 2 x Steeping duration with 200ml (6.76fl oz) water. Longer steeping time, stronger the taste. Gradually increase the steeping duration with each subsequent re-steep in order to extract the nutrients and maintain the preference taste.
Example:- If you are steeping 1 tea bag with 100ml (3.38fl oz) water for 10 seconds on the 1st steep and found that the taste suits you then subsequently increase by about 10 seconds for each subsequent re-steep in order to achieve the same taste that suit you on the 1st steep. Do not steep till the water is cold or the taste is bitter for consumption.
Make sure the lid is close when steeping. Remove the tea bag after steeping and before drinking.
* Cool within 1 minute after boiled to achieve 80°C (176°F) depend on room temperature.
***Do not leave the tea bag soak in water after steeping and while drinking.
- Use about 100ml (3.38fl oz) to 200ml (6.76fl oz) water per steep depending on your convenience with recommended minimum 500ml (16.90fl oz) and maximum 1 liter (33.81fl oz) consumption per person per day.
- Best consume warm minutes after steeping. Best to sip a cup of warm tea several times rather than down it all at once. Do not heat up the cold tea water using hot water or any other ways for consumption. Do not consume cold or overnight tea or re-steep used tea bag for next day consumption. This point is especially important for someone that have gastric or stomach problem, eg. discomfort or ulcers. Steeped tea will oxidized when left too long before consumption and oxidized tea is less effective to health. Do not re-steep the previous day used tea bag for consumption the next day.
After the last re-steep for consumption at the end of the day, you can use the leftover tea leaves in several ways: -
- Consume the tea leaves after the last re-steep. (Recommended)
- Re-steep the tea bag with boiling water till it is cool before you use the tea water to wash your eye, face, hair or wash your skin problem, preferably warm if use for soaking. Repeat the application, if needed. Do not need to wash away the tea water from your eyes or skin with clean water unless you feel uneasy like itchiness.
- Soak the cotton pads with the warm re-steep tea water and place the cotton pad over the closed eyelids for any eye problem or place it on the skin with problem for 5 to 15 minutes, repeat, if needed.
- Store the tea water in a spray bottle for the eye or skin usage (preferably do not store the tea water for more than 36 hours).
**For person with busy schedule and do not have time to steep tea, we would recommend that you placed 1 to 3 dried tea leaves removed from a tea bag in the mouth and allow it to soften slowly (about 30 minutes) before you chew and swallow the soggy tea leaves several times a day. Do not chew and swallow the tea leaves immediately once it is placed in the mouth. Most effective for health benefits when it is allow to soften slowly in the mouth before chewing and swallow it.
Other usages of the leftover tea leaves:-
- As organic fertilizer
- Mixed with animal feeds especially pet food for dogs or cats. Many testimonials on improving animal skin problem.
- Stored for later external usage but make sure to dry the tea leaves first before storage. High humidity or wet tea leaves greatly increase the risk of mold development or bacteria growth.
You can dry the tea leaves in several ways: -
3. Drying in a microwave. Put a paper towel on top of a plate, then spread the tea leaves as evenly as possible. Place another paper towel on top of the leaves and put the plate inside your microwave. The paper towels will absorb the moisture that’s evaporated from the tea leaves.
Use the microwave for 1 minute and then check if the leaves are dry or not. Repeat this procedure for 30-second increments until the leaves become dry. If you overdo it, you’ll burn the leaves so be careful.
Information on A Truly 100% Organic Tea with Amazing Health Benefits